Role: Fashion Merchandiser
Industry Type: Apparel/Fashion
Functional Area: Merchandising/Buyer
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
We are looking to hire a Merchandiser/Buyer who would be responsible for all matters related to effectively building the product offering of the company. The role involves primary responsibility for everything related to merchandizing products and working closely with Indian brands for both, maintaining positive relationships while negotiating specs, pricing, and deadlines. The merchandiser would be leading the effort of planning & developing merchandising strategies & analyzing sales figures, customer reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs while collaborating with vendors.
Requirements (Must Have):
• Proven working experience in merchandising
• Experience in the e-commerce space
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent vendor/ designer management skills, juggle several vendors and varying product
• Negotiation skills to renew contracts and to make changes to existing vendor contracts.
• Good knowledge in Computers (Basic),
• Good sense of trends, colour, texture, visual perspective are important, as are personal
style and creativity
• Interest in Indian Fashion
• Works independently without a lot of oversight and has a strong work ethic
• Dynamic and flexible attitude to fit the work environment.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and quick turnarounds
• Ability to commute/relocate to Mumbai
• Start work within 1-2 weeks of confirming role
• In depth experience as a merchandiser/buyer luxury Indian fashion brands
• Preferred - 1 to 3 years of total experience.
• Planning and developing merchandising strategies across the site
• Identify opportunities for eCommerce channel to differentiate product range from competitors keeping in mind trend forecasting
• Vendor identification and development across a range. Build, maintain and manage strong vendor relationships and keep up good communications
• Collaborating with vendors to negotiate prices, quantities and timelines and monitor the sourcing & delivery schedule. Setting of standards for quality of merchandise and ensuring timely onboarding of vendors
• To work with Marketing and Operations teams to develop Visual Merchandising promotions in line with product launches such as photoshoots, launch calendars and inventory flows.
• Analysing sales figures, customers- reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs. Develop an online merchandise strategy in collaboration with marketing team on seasonal merchandise theme.
• Analyse and evaluate effectiveness of conversion optimization by investigating on-site behaviour, continuously improving results. Review and adjust the season plans and weekly plans
• Conduct competitor benchmarking to ensure the right positioning. Keeping a track of Competitor’s activities through market research activities to track and understand trends, forecasting etc.
• Manage budget and margin targets, fashion range planning and building the product portfolio accordingly. Maintaining and managing all the working records, files, excels, charts and stock of materials.
• Formal training in a Design School (Preferable)
About the Company:
Palettier is a fashion-tech start-up based in Mumbai. We are a digital platform focused on improving the technology infrastructure that supports brands and customers alike, creating a disruptive impact in the space. Our operations have already started having secured our seed funding, and we will be launching in the first quarter of 2022. We are looking to build our team with a group of
dedicated early-employees who would help facilitate our launch process and grow with the company!
As a company we believe in the quality of work and receptiveness to new ideas, with a flexible and positive approach to assignments, workplace and colleagues and are looking for someone who is creative and passionate about Indian fashion brands.